Who can you talk to if you are worried about something or you or a friend feels unsafe?

Safeguarding is EVERYONE’s responsibility, so you should be able to speak to any Bedford member of staff. However, there are some members of staff with specific responsibilities:

Designated Safeguarding Lead Mrs Ramsden
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads (If Mrs Ramsden is not available) Mrs Phillips

Mrs Moss

Mr McCaffery

Safeguarding Mentor Mrs Critchley
Pastoral Guidance Officers (PGO) Year 7 – Mrs Shea

Year 8 – Mr Hersnip

Year 9 – Mrs Barton

Year 10 – Mrs Green

Year 11 – Mr Lindsay

Your Form Teacher
Your teacher or a member of the support staff


What should I do if I am worried about something or someone?

  1. Don’t bottle it up! Talk to a member of staff about your concerns. Tell them in your own words why you or another student needs help. They will tell you that they may need to pass the information on to Mrs Ramsden (Designated Safeguarding Lead).


Talk directly to Mrs Ramsden or your PGO.

  1. The member of staff will listen to you, and together you will discuss the problem and the action that may be taken to support you.


What will happen if I speak to a member of staff?

When a student tells a member of staff something of concern, the member of staff will:

  • listen to what the student has to say
  • accept what the student says and make sure he/she knows that we take it seriously
  • reassure the student that he/she did the right thing in sharing the information
  • explain to the student what we will do next to offer support
  • record what has been said and inform Mrs Ramsden


Are there any other places I can seek advice?

Childline 0800 1111
NSPCC 0800 1111
Teenage Health Freak
The Site 0808 8084994
Talk to Frank 0300 1236600
The Hideout
The Police 101 / 999