Dear Parent or Guardian
Year 11 Enrichment Day, 16th November 2018
Employability Skills Day and English Speaking & Listening Presentation
The theme of this enrichment day for year 11 is ‘employability skills’ and this important day will help students to prepare for leaving school. There will be a combination of workshops and a 1:1 interview with a member of the business or education community.
The Programme for the day includes: Preparation for Interview, 1:1 Interview, Advice & Guidance, Introduction to Apprenticeships and Higher Education Workshops plus an English Speaking & Listening Presentation.
The Preparation for Interview Workshop will cover the following points:
- GCSE’s and predicted grades, listing 3 subjects they enjoy and why (from their latest screening).
- Interviewing tips.
- Hobbies, skills and personal qualities, either in or out of school, listing 3 skills they have and why and 2 personal qualities and why
We want to provide our students with a realistic interview experience and therefore we are asking students to dress smartly for the day and some guidelines are below:
- School rules apply regarding accessories, ie no jewellery, nail varnish, make-up etc.
- Smart clothes suitable for formal interviews
- Boys: school trousers, shirt and a different tie if possible (no school jumper).
- Girls: Skirt, dress or trousers (school trousers are acceptable) with a smart top.
- Students are welcome to wear a variation of this if it is suitable for an interview.
We hope that this day provides your child with invaluable information to prepare them for leaving school.
Director of Learning