Here are 10 reasons why we believe Bedford High School
is a great first choice for your child
- An Education To Suit Your Child – We have a broad, balanced and personalised curriculum which supports our young people making the move into work, college and university.
- First Rate Facilities – Three halls, a recently refurbished specialist Music suite and Astroturf, wireless network system, state-of-the-art modern Bistro serving breakfast, brunch and lunch. Our site allows the younger children in Years 7 and 8 to have their own facilities and play areas to allow them a smooth introduction to life at Bedford.
- Business is our Business – Bedford is a specialist Business and Enterprise College with Applied Learning and we have strong links with the business community. We have an extensive programme of enterprise activities to help prepare students for the world of work. Bedford is the only school to attend Wigan’s Business Expo every year. We have a successful working relationship with the partnership Alumni Network.
- We Go Further and Higher – We have excellent partnership programmes with colleges and universities and provide a fantastic network of support for our students into further and higher education.
- ‘Good’ and Getting Better – Education standards body OFSTED has rated Bedford as a “good’ school.
- We are ‘outstanding’ – That was the official verdict from the Specialist Schools and Academies Trust about the rate of improvement at Bedford.
- Learning to Excel – We have a teaching and learning policy that focuses on results. We have an excellent and hard working staff team that is committed to good quality teaching. YOUR CHILD WILL BE CHALLENGED TO REACH HER OR HIS FULL POTENTIAL.
- Cultivating Exceptional Young People – Your child will love the chance to make new friends and develop a sense of responsibility and leadership skills in one of our many clubs or sports teams. They can sing, dance, light the stage, score the winner, take the photo or stand in front of the camera. The opportunities to shine at Bedford are as limitless as a child’s imagination.
- A Caring Environment – Bedford has excellent pastoral care for individual students. We have a dedicated pastoral team attached to each your group to nurture, guide and support our students.
- Family Values – At Bedford, you are part of the family. We emphasise positive links between school and home. We have an excellent transition programme from primary to secondary school to give our young learners the best possible start at Bedford.