Our ref: RRA/PB
17th January 2017
Dear Parent or Guardian
Year 11 Enrichment Day, 8th February 2017
Employability Skills Day
The theme of this enrichment day for year 11 is ‘employability skills’ and this important day will help students to prepare for leaving school. There will be a combination of workshops and a 1:1 interview with members of the business or education community, and our school business partners which include: KPMG, Sellafield, HSBC, Greater Manchester Higher, former students and School Governors.
Programme for the day:
- Preparation for interview
- 1:1 Interview
- Employability Skills Workshops including: Personal Banking, KPMG Apprenticeship Programme, Skills & Qualities, Introduction to Higher Education.
We want to provide our students with a realistic interview experience and therefore we are asking students to dress smartly for the day and some guidelines are below:
- School rules apply regarding accessories, ie no jewellery, nail varnish, make-up etc.
- Smart clothes suitable for formal interviews
- Boys: school trousers, shirt and a different tie if possible (no school jumper).
- Girls: Skirt, dress or trousers (school trousers are acceptable) with a smart top.
- Students are welcome to wear a variation of this if it is suitable for an interview.
We hope that this day provides your child with invaluable information to prepare them for leaving school.
Director of Learning